Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) is a corporate body responsible for regulation of civil aviation in Uganda. It manages Entebbe International Airport (EIA) and thirteen (13) other upcountry aerodromes. CAA carries out its work in conformity with International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Standards and Recommended Practices (SARPs). The Authority now plans to recruit suitably qualified Ugandans of impeccable integrity and commitment to fill the following positions in its establishment as detailed below:
- JOB REF : CAA/ADV/EXT/04/2017
POST : SENIOR TRANSPORT OFFICER
REPORTS TO : Principal Transport & Maintenance Officer
SALARY GRADE : 11
VACANCIES : 01
AGE : Should be between 35 to 45 years of Age.
JOB PURPOSE: Assist the Principal Officer to manage and monitor, the operation and running of CAA vehicles.
- Plan for proper movement of vehicles.
- Schedules movement of pool vehicles to cover various needs of CAA and to ensure there is always a reliever on standby.
- Vehicles movement is planned to, ensure no CAA duties are unattended due to lack of transport.
- Ensures the schedule covers for the vehicles which are in CAA garage.
Programme all matters related to repairs and maintenance of vehicles
Programmes scheduled maintenance for CAA vehicles in the workshop to avoid congestion or irregular flow of vehicles into the workshop.
- Inform the drivers in advance when their maintenance falls due.
- Timely informs drivers of their respective vehicle maintenance dates and arranges for alternative, vehicles where appropriate and possible.
- Ensures corrective maintenance (scheduled) is handled in good time to reduce vehicles down time
- Ensures outsourcing of repairs, which require specialized equipment on advice of the mechanics and after relevant approval.
- Supervise staff in the section.
- Allocates duties to staff and ensure their completion.
- Motivates staff through reward and feedback.
- Ensures that staff adhere to CAA rules and regulations.
- Manage licensing and registration of vehicles.
Monitors expiry of license and, registration by drawing a license- registration schedule indicating expiry date for each vehicle.
- Updates the schedules to include and exclude purchase and disposal of vehicles respectively.
- Handle all matters regarding motor accidents.
Manages motor vehicle accident by following the laid down lawful procedures in the Traffic Act:
- Reports to the police
- Obtains the police abstract
- Receives a written report from the driver involved giving accident details. The report to be copied to Corporate Secretary and HRM.
- Informs the insurance and produces the required documents:
- Driver’s license.
- Insurance claim form duly filled.
- Police abstract.
- Make reports on vehicle status and mechanical conditions.
- Carries out vehicle’s inspection using CAA inspection form to check on vehicle’s general conditions and accessories, e.g. dents wheels, jack, mirrors etc.
- Replaces lost accessories and arranges for recoveries from employee’s salary by raising payroll advice note attaching receipts.
Handle disciplinary matters in the section.
- Records and investigates the disciplinary cases in the section.
- Reports on the investigation’s outcome and forwards to HRM for disciplinary action.
- Preparation of the section’s budget
- Gives required data input for the preparation of the budget.
- Make reports on garage bills.
- Compiles and analyses garage bills levied to the respective department (cost centre).
- Prepares monthly report of garage bills on the respective vehicles and cost centre.
*An honours Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration,
*A diploma in Transport Management
Chartered Institute of Transport Certificate with a Higher Diploma in Mechanical Engineering,
- Holds a Certificate in Supervisory Skills,
- Holds a Certificate in Customer Service,
- Computer literate with ability to use Ms Word and Ms Excel, and
- Must have proven Human Resource and third party relation skills.
At least 5 years relevant working experience, 3 of which at officer level, in a big organization with a large vehicle fleet.
- JOB REF : CAA/ADV/EXT/05/2017
POST : ASSISTANT TRANSPORT OFFICER
REPORTS TO : Transport Officer
SALARY GRADE : 9
VACANCIES : 01
AGE : Should be between 25 to 35 years of Age.
JOB PURPOSE The position exists to provide assistance to the Transport Officer in the provision of adequate and efficient transport service to CAA for conducting of business.
- Transport Management Process.
Prepares vehicle movement passes as per authorization to ensure that vehicles are used for official authorized business only;
- Prepares and monitors shift rosters for Drivers to ensure full transport coverage for the company at all times;
- Prepares and monitors fuel orders and ensures that correct procedures are followed to avoid any losses to the company;
- Analyses fuel consumption per vehicle to check for faults on the vehicles and also to guard against misuse of fuel and vehicles by staff;
- Supervises Drivers during shift work to ensure smooth running of the section at all times.
- Record maintenance.
Follows correct and efficient billing procedure to allocate costs appropriately to all vehicles and authorizations;
- Maintains up to date and correct records for fuel usage and vehicle maintenance for costing purposes;
- Separates fuel and repair costs associated with projects and ensures accuracy in the billing for the project costing;
- Maintains accurate records on breakdowns and misuse of vehicles by Drivers for accountability purposes;
- Prepares input into the weekly, monthly and annual reports in running and maintenance costs for vehicles to assist in transport cost control.
- An honours degree in Social Science and Administration or Sociology or in Business Administration;
- Relevant work experience of at least 3 years in a reputable organization;
- Must have proven ability to supervise others;
- Must have outstanding understanding of logistics management;
- Must be computer literate in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point and computerized HR systems.
3. JOB REF : CAA/ADV/EXT/06/2017
POST : CARPENTER
REPORTS TO : Supervisor Building Maintenance
SALARY LEVEL : 6
VACANCIES : 1
AGE : From 24 to 35 years
The purpose of the position is to carry out repair/maintenance works on all wooden
furniture and fixtures and make carpentry items as instructed.
|Carpentry and maintenance work
|1) Carry out repair/maintenance works on all wooden furniture and fixtures.
2) Monitor daily fault reports and ensures repair/maintenance is effected promptly.
3) Carry out routine inspections to ensure that all furniture and fixtures are in the right working order.
4) Make new furniture and fixtures as required for CAA.
5) Record all work carried out and maintains an accurate record of all works and the costs.
6) Maintain furniture and fixtures to ensure that they are all in good state of repair.
7) Any other lawful duties assigned by the supervisor and/or Management from time to time.
The candidate should:-
- Possess an “A” level Certificate;
- Must possess a good Advanced Trade Certificate in Carpentry;
Relevant work experience of at least 5 years in a reputable organization.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Good command of spoken and written English.
- Should have good interpersonal skills.
IMPORTANT TO NOTE.
Should be persons of very high and unquestionable integrity. Any reported cases of questionable integrity both before and after interview as well as post appointment will lead to his/her cancellation from the process or termination of Employment.
HOW TO APPLY:-
Applications with detailed CV and copies of academic certificates and transcripts with the job reference number clearly marked at the top left hand corner of the envelope should be sent to the address shown below. Please indicate your (day time) phone contact.
The Director Human Resource & Administration
Civil Aviation Authority (Head Office)
P.O. Box 5536
To be received not later than 5:00 pm, 25 August 2017
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CAA is an equal opportunity employer.
It is the duty of the applicant to ensure that his/her application is received by the indicated date. Late applications will not be entertained under any circumstances.