A day did not pass after Eng. Badru Kiggundu’s official day in office at the Electoral Commission than President Museveni had announced his choice for Electoral Commission chairman.
Eng. Kiggundu, 2016. On Friday Nov 18, President Museveni sent a list of six people he had appointed to steer the Electoral Commission, after Kiggundu’s 14 year reign.
Justice Byamukama was most recently a Justice of the Court of Appeal. Before that, he was Deputy Director of Public Prosecution and was chief prosecutor in the controversial case in which a woman accused Dr. Kizza Besigye of rape. Besigye won the case.
The appointed persons are;
1. Justice Simon M. Byabakama – Chairperson
2. Hajjati Aisha Lubega – Deputy Chairperson
3. Mr. Peter Emorut – Member
4. Mr. Stephen Tashobya – Member
5. Prof. George Piwang – Member
6. Mr. Mustapha Ssebagala Kigozi – Member