it’s not the case this time
The Ministry of Health has clarified that the suspected cases of a viral hemorrhagic fever outbreak that were reported early this week in Luweero were due to suffocation and not an outbreak of a disease.
In a statement to the media issued this morning, the Acting Director General of Health Services Dr. Anthony Mbonye said the Ministry of Health had confirmed that tests which were carried out by the Uganda Virus Research Institute (UVRI) turned out negative results for Ebola, Marburg, Congo Crimean Hemorrhagic Fever, Rift Valley Fever and Sosuga viruses.
The ministry concluded that the woman died of suffocation due to carbon monoxide poisoning.
Before she died, the 20-year-old woman presented with high fever, dizziness and blood secretions from her ears and mouth. Three of her colleagues with whom she was staying in a room, were admitted at Bishop Asili Hospital, Luweero.