The Muslim World League has joined religious institutions from around the world in condemning the two recent suicide attacks in Borno State of Nigeria as well as in the Spanish city of Barcelona.
The Secretary General of the Muslim World League Dr. Sheikh Mohammad Ibn Abdulkarim Alissa described the attacks as; “A regretful barbaric image of terrorism as represented in its model of hatred for peace and coexistence.”
Dr. Alissa said the terrorist attacks reflect; “The really ugly face of terrorism that topped the list of the various forms of extremism, evil and hatred which unfortunately and vigorously seek to create division among people.”
On August 15, a female suicide bomber blew herself up and killed at least 27 others at a market in North East Nigeria. Nigerian officials said the attack bore the hallmark of Boko Haram.
Two more suicide bombers detonated their devices at the gates to a nearby refugee camp, wounding many people, an emergency services official said.
Nigeria’s military last year wrested back large swaths of territory from the armed group. But they have struck back with renewed zeal since June, killing at least 143 people before Tuesday’s bombings and weakening the army’s control.
On August 18, 13 people were killed in a busy Las Ramblas town in Barcelona when a truck rammed pedestrians. The Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant, also known as (ISIS) has claimed responsibility.
The spokesperson of Pope Francis told CNN that the religious leader is praying for the victims of the terror attack in Barcelona.