The management of Ndejje University has decided that students will sit what it calls Open Book Examinations (OBE) for their final examinations.
This has come at a time when schools and higher institutions of learning are closed, following a directive by President Museveni to combat the further spread of covid-19 infections.
Examinations for Semester 2 (2020/2021) will start on August 28, 2021.
“This time round, the University is conducting Open Book Examinations (OBE) and these will be accessed via the University’s Learning Management System (LMS),” the Academic Registrar’s Department, in a statement noted.
Meanwhile, students have been urged to acquaint themselves with the following guidelines for smooth writing of the examinations;
1. All examination questions will be sent to the students via the University’s LMS.
2. Faculties will send out Examinations daily at 6:00 am and the students will write those examinations for at most 10 hours, including uploading the Answers.
“Please note that all your answers must be submitted by 4:00 pm of the same day and date; the system will close out students who will not have submitted/uploaded their answers by then,” the University noted.
3. The answers to be uploaded should be between 100 Mbs and 200 Mbs (for Word documents in PDF); for answers with attachment uploads such as videos and pictures, the documents should not exceed 500 Mbs.
4. Faculty timetables are user-friendly to the students (each student will write one examination on a single day).
5. The Faculty ICT Helpdesk Staff will be available to assist students from 6:00 am to 6:00 pm daily, please do not hesitate to seek their assistance when need arise.