The Confederation of Africa Football (Caf) has expelled Morocco for refusing to host the African cup of Nations due next year.
In a statement released Tuesday, Caf also confirmed Morocco would not host the 2015 Afcon tournament because they [Caf] could not delay kick off as the country had requested over concerns of the Ebola outbreak elsewhere on the continent.
However Caf did not announce a new venue for the tournament, scheduled for between January 17 and February 18.
But Caf said it had had “some applications of national associations confirming their desire to host the competition”.
Morocco had been given until Saturday to make a final decision on whether or not it would host the tournament.
It had asked to postpone the competition until 2016.
Caf’s executive committee met in Cairo Tuesday and confirmed it had taken note of applications from other nations to host the tournament, which are currently “under review”.
It said it hoped to finalise its selection shortly.
Qualification matches for the tournament will continue as planned on November 14 and 15 to decide which 15 teams will join the new host country for the finals.
Morocco also lost the automatic qualification slot that is extended to host countries.
Up to November 4, the Worls Health Organisation had reported at least 4,960 people as having died from Ebola.
The dead are mainly from West African countries including Sierra Leone, Liberia and Guinea.
Morocco had said fears an influx of foreign fans could help spread the epidemic.